Who are they? What do they look like? How in the world did they do it? More importantly, how can I do it? What can I take from their experience and apply it in MY life?
We are all searching for answers.
You're likely coming here, like I would be, looking for THE list. Who ARE the top 10 people in MLM? Where do they come from? What company are they building?
There won't be any list here. I could have titled this post “The Top 10 Earners in MLM”, and that list would still be somewhat debatable. Most top earners don't publicly post their records, nor do their companies in most cases. If you made $6 million dollars last year, would YOU want that posted all over the Internet? Didn't think so.
So then, what's the point of my post?
The point is to cover some simple, but powerful principles that can help YOU get into the top, the top 10, or the upper portion of whatever you are doing, in or out of network marketing.
10 Strategies for Being a Top 10 Producer in Anything
- Hard Work. Top producers bust it. Laziness isn't a top 1o quality. You must have the willingness to bust your chops and stay at it. You'll be ripping through some calories to the top 10 in anything you do. Physical and mental challenges are part of the climb to the top.
- Focus. Top people do one thing damn good. They are NOT a “jack of all trades”, but a MASTER of one. Remember that if you're building multiple deals and wondering why your check is small.
- Belief. They know they can do it. They see it before they get there. The PICTURE is clear. It's only a matter of time before they arrive.
- Investment of Time. Most mega-producers have been around for a while, paying their dues, putting time in, and mastering their craft. Hours, even years of preparation time occur before they hit the big time.
- Tenacity. Sounds ridiculously simple, perhaps to the point of silliness, but you'll never make it to the top of a mountain you stop climbing.
- Humility. No matter where you are or how big your britches get, the moment you ego takes over to the point of absolute arrogance, you're done. Confidence is critical. Belief in self is huge. But, get a God complex and you're done. You're not God, so stop pretending to be. One of the most attractive qualities in a hugely successful person is humility. How indescribably attractive is that? To see someone with such mega, monstrous success, still be so human, real and touchable. After all, they ARE only human.
- A Pure and Loving Heart. When a person operates from an authentic, real, loving and caring place, it becomes almost effort “less” to attract people to follow you. When you really do care and it SHOWS through your actions, business becomes easy.
- A Clear Path. These people know exactly where they are going before they even start. Makes it a heck of a lot easier getting someplace when you know EXACTLY where you are going.
- Take Responsibility. There's nobody that's going to get you there but you. The moment you begin to accept responsibility for all that you do, is the moment you begin your breakthrough into any top 10.
- Embrace Change. Change is inevitable and is all around us. Your willingness to accept things you cannot control and make the best of every situation is surely going to lead you upward.
Of course, this top 10 list is my opinion…the way I see it. You may see it differently. I've taken the time to study the habits of a lot of successful people, and from what I can tell, most of them apply these ten principles, strategies or whatever else you might want to call them.
Certainly worth considering, especially if you're not producing much or finding yourself stuck.
P.S. I interviewed 10 Mega Producers in our business recently. If you haven't heard the interviews, here they are: http://www.thenetworkmarketingmasters.com