What You'll Discover In This Episode:
What to Do When a Prospect Flakes on Follow Up
Now, if you're not familiar with the term 'flake'. The definition is... "a crazy or eccentric person." These are the people who say one thing and do another. These are the people who you set an appointment with, and they don't show up.
These are the people who say... "call me back" or, "I need to see X". Then when you follow up with them... nothing, they're gone.
Let me know if this sounds familiar...
Let's say you're talking with 'Bob' and he's watched a video presentation. He then tells you he needs to see the comp-plan. You get excited and send it over. You then decide to get back with him in a few days.
Few days roll by, you call Bob... voice mail. You send over an email... nothing. Before you know it, Bob has flaked on you.
Now, we can't control what other people do, but we can control OUR PROCESS and take out as many speed bumps as possible.
Let me share with you...
The Step-By-Step Process for Follow Up
This is a process I've developed after following up with thousands of people. This process will allow you to save time and energy when following up.
Here's my simple 6-step process for follow up...
1) Always be positive, and do not get emotionally attached.
2) Set the follow up sending them 'specific information' and nail down a specific time you both will talk. This is best done within the next 24hrs (i cover more in the training video).
3) Always leave a message each time you call. Be positive and upbeat.
4) Follow up within 48hrs and leave another message (if they don't answer).
5) Follow up 4-days later with another message (except this one is your last message... be nice).
6) Use the 3-strike rule. If you follow up with them 3-times and they don't get back with you, add them to your drip campaign.
Reading Your Prospects Actions
Now, there's a valuable lesson here. See, your prospect is SHOWING YOU who they are. Watch their actions, not so much what they say.
Anyone who's not professional enough to get back with you after all those messages... might not be the best person to work with in your business.
Now, with this said something might have happened in this persons life that you're not aware of (so keep this in mind). In this training I'll get into the details on this matter... so make sure you watch the video or listen to the podcast on this page.
In this episode #34, It's all about how to... "What to Do When a Prospect Flakes on Follow up". Listen to the show above and comment below with your questions or comments.
Stay updated with me:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/toddfalcone
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/todd_falcone
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/toddfalcone
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefearlessnetworker
If you enjoyed this post, share it and comment, please.